You do not need to provide personal information in order to access and view the LBank website (www.lbank.info), however, LBank may not be able to effectively serve you and certain portions of the LBank Services may not be available to you should you choose not to share certain information with LBank. LBank collects personal information in order to facilitate the provision of the LBank Services. LBank requires certain personal information from you for various reasons including (a) LBank is required by the applicable law to collect certain information and (b) it is relevant for specified purposes. Any information you provide to LBank that is not required is therefore voluntary. Importantly, LBank may be unable to open your account if requested information is not provided.
By way of example, some of the types of personal information that may be collected and the ways in which LBank may use such information are outlined below:
Upon LBank Account opening, LBank or one of its Affiliates or service vendors may act on LBank’s behalf, collect the following types of information in order to satisfy LBank’s legal and regulatory obligations.
- Date of birth;
- Social security number
- Driver’s license number;
- Personal identification number;
- Phone number
- Email address;
- Bank account details
- Credit card details
In connection with LBank Services, you may request access to additional or upgraded services offerings. In these instances, LBank, its Affiliates, or various service providers may require additional information including but not limited to:
- Date of birth;
- Government identification number;
- Copies of government-issued identification;
- Information from third parties including credit bureaus;
- Other personal information, as necessary.
In addition, when you contact LBank, request future communications from LBank, or respond to various LBank communications, you may provide LBank with additional personal information pursuant to those interactions and LBank will use such information in order to provide services.
To the extent that you choose to provide LBank with access to certain personal information stored by third parties such as social media sites, the information that LBank may have access to will be dictated by those sites as well as the privacy settings that you choose to authorize.
In addition to the above-listed examples, LBank may also collect personal information that you post to any type of message board service contained within the LBank Platform or Website, and/or chats, blogs, or other services available to you through the LBank Platform or Website whereby you post information. Please be advised that any information that you post on the LBank Platform or Website will become public information and may therefore appear in public ways, such as through search engines or other publicly available platforms.
- USE OF PERSONAL INFORMATION:
Generally, LBank will use your personal information in order to create, develop, operate and deliver the LBank Services and maintain the LBank Platform and Website. LBank will use such information:
- To comply with LBank’s legal and regulatory obligations;
- To prevent potentially prohibited or illegal behavior, including violations of the LBank User Agreement;
- To process transactions and send confirmations;
- To verify the identity of LBank account holders;
- To resolve disputes and troubleshoot problems;
- For LBank Services quality control and LBank employee training;
- To enhance LBank Platform and Website security, monitor for security risks and combat fraud;
- To communicate with you about LBank Services as well as other, third party offerings;
- To deliver target marketing, service update notices, promotional offers, and communication preferences;
- To provide or respond to any other service request.
- THIRD-PARTY SOURCES:
LBank may, from time to time, obtain information about you from third-party sources as required or permitted by applicable law, rule, or regulation. These third-party sources include public databases, credit bureaus, ID verification partners, resellers and other partners, joint marketing partners, and social media platforms.
LBank obtains information about you from public databases and ID verification partners for purposes of verifying your identity. ID verification partners use a combination of government records and publicly available information about you to verify your identity. Such information may include your name, employment status, public employment profile, credit history, status on any sanctions list maintained by public authorities, and other relevant data. LBank obtains such information in order to comply with various legal and regulatory obligations, including but not limited to LBank’s anti-money laundering obligations. In some cases, LBank may process additional data about you to ensure that the LBank Services are not being used for fraudulent purposes or other illicit activities.
In addition to public databases and ID verification partners, LBank may also collect information about your publicly available social media profile, interests or preferences, and page-view information from third-party business partners with which LBank may operate additional or co-branded services. LBank collects this information to better understand and/or maintain and improve the accuracy of the records that LBank holds as well as for purposes of promoting the LBank Services. In addition, LBank may use this information in conjunction with your browsing habits (as obtained from third-party vendors) as well as your contact details, professional information, and LBank Account transaction history to deliver targeted advertising and marketing to you, where permitted by applicable law and in accordance with any advertising/marketing preferences you may have selected on the LBank Platform.
- PERSONAL INFORMATION SHARING WITH OTHER PARTIES:
LBank takes care to protect your personal information and limits access to your personal information to those who need such information in order to perform their tasks and duties and to share with third parties who have a legitimate purpose for accessing such information. Personal information will only be shared in the following instances:
- Personal information is shared with third-party identification services in order to prevent fraud. These services help LBank confirm your identity by comparing the information that you provide us to public records and other third-party databases. These third-party service providers may create derivative data based on your personal information that can be used solely in connection with the provision of identity verification and fraud prevention services.
- In addition, LBank may share your personal information with other service providers in connection with LBank’s business operations, bill collection, marketing, and technology services. LBank requires that these service providers only use your information in connection with the services that they perform for LBank and prohibit such service providers from selling your information to anyone.
- LBank will also share your information with financial institutions with which LBank partners in order to process payments and transactions that you authorize.
- LBank may also utilize your personal information and share such information with law enforcement, government officials, or other third parties when LBank is compelled to do so by subpoena, court order, or similar legal procedure or when LBank believes in good faith that the disclosure of personal information is necessary to prevent physical harm or financial loss, to report suspected illegal activity or to investigate violations of the LBank User Agreement or any other applicable policies.
- LBank may share your information with a buyer or other successor in the event of a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution, or other sale or transfer of some or all of LBank’s assets, whether as a going concern or as part of bankruptcy, liquidation, or similar proceeding, in which personal information held by LBank about you or your LBank Account is among the assets transferred.
- LBank may also share your information with directly affiliated firms.
- HOW LBank PROTECTS AND STORES PERSONAL INFORMATION:
LBank maintains (and requires its Affiliates and service providers to maintain) appropriate physical, technical, and administrative safeguards to protect the security and confidentiality of the personal information that you share with LBank. LBank may store and process all or part of your personal and transactional information, including payment information, such as your encrypted bank account and/or routing numbers, in the United States and elsewhere in the world. LBank employs efforts to protect your personal information by maintaining physical, electronic, and procedural safeguards in compliance with applicable laws and regulations.
LBank uses computer safeguards such as firewalls and data encryption, physical access controls to LBank buildings and files, and restricts personal information access to authorized personnel only.
Despite these procedures, LBank cannot guarantee that loss, misuse, unauthorized acquisition, or alteration of your data will not occur. In addition, LBank notes that you also play a vital role in protecting your own personal information. When opening an LBank Account and using the LBank Services, it is important to choose a password of sufficient length and complexity, to not reveal this password to any third parties, and to immediately notify LBank if you become aware of any unauthorized access of or use of your LBank Account.
- HOW TO ACCESS OR CHANGE YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION:
You are entitled to review, correct or amend your personal information or to delete such information where such information is inaccurate. You may do this at any time by logging into your LBank Account and clicking the user profile icon. Your right to update and amend personal information shall be limited where the burden or expense of providing you such access would be disproportionate to the risks to your privacy in the case in question, or where the rights of persons other than yourself would be violated.
- RETENTION OF PERSONAL INFORMATION:
LBank stores your information securely throughout the life of your LBank Account. LBank will retain your personal information for a minimum of five (5) years, or as necessary to comply with LBank’s legal and regulatory obligations, or as needed in order to resolve any disputes.
- AUTOMATIC COLLECTION OF INFORMATION:
LBank stores certain types of information automatically. This includes whenever you interact with your LBank Account or the LBank Platform and Website generally. The information that is generated through these interactions does not necessarily reveal your identity directly but may include information about the specific device you are using to access the LBank Services, such as the hardware model, operating system version, web browser software and your Internet Protocol address.
LBank automatically receives and records information on its server logs from your browser, including how you came to and used the LBank Services, your IP address, device type and unique device identification number, device event information (such as crashes, system activity, and hardware settings, browser type, browser language, the date and time of your request and referral URL), broad geographic location and other technical data collected through cookies, pixel tags and other similar technologies that uniquely identify your browser. LBank may also collect information about how your device has interacted with our website, including pages accessed and links clicked. LBank may use identifiers to recognize you when you enter the LBank Platform or Website via an external link, such as a link appearing on a third-party site.
- CHILDREN’S PERSONAL INFORMATION:
LBank does not knowingly request or collect personal information from any person under the age of 18. If a user submitting personal information is suspected of being younger than 18 years of age, LBank will require the user to close his or her LBank Account and will not allow buying or selling of cryptocurrencies. LBank will also take steps to delete the information as soon as possible. Please notify us if you know of any individuals under the age of 18 using the LBank Services so that LBank may take action to prevent access to the LBank Services by such individuals.
- CALIFORNIA PRIVACY RIGHTS:
If you are a California resident, you have the right to request information from LBank regarding the manner in which LBank shares certain categories of your personal information with third parties for the third parties’ direct marketing purposes. California law provides that you have the right to submit a request to LBank at LBank’s designated address and receive the following information:
- The categories of information that LBank disclosed to third parties for the third parties’ direct marketing purposes during the preceding calendar year;
- The names and addresses of third parties that received such information, or if the nature of their business cannot be determined from the name, then examples of the products or services marketed.
- You are entitled to receive a copy of this information in a standardized format and the information will not be specific to you individually. You may make such a request by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
- LBank CONTACT INFORMATION: